Files in this Data Supplement:
- Table S1 - Electron-microprobe analyses of representative mineral compositions for group I rodingites from the Xigaze ophiolite, Central Tibet.
- Table S2 - Electron-microprobe analyses of representative mineral compositions for group II rodingites.
- Figure S1 - Photographs of group I rodingite outcrops in the Xigaze ophiolite, Central Tibet, and corresponding micrographs. (a-b) Czo rodingite in serpentinized olivine pyroxenite; (c-d) intensely Grt-Di rodingitized rock within schistose serpentinite, showing relict gabbroic diabase texture; (e-h) Grt-Ves rodingite within schistose serpentinite. Photos a, e from field outcrops; pictures b, d, f and g from BSE images; photos c-left and c-right, h were taken under plane- and cross-polarized light, respectively.
- Figure S2 - Photographs of group II rodingite outcrops in the Xigaze ophiolite, Central Tibet, and corresponding micrographs textures. (a-b) Prh rodingite in tensile fracture of serpentinized peridotite; (c-e) Prh rodingite in between contact zone of gabbro and serpentinized peridotite; (f-g) Prh rodingite replacing pegmatitic gabbro in contact with serpentinized peridotite; (h) Prh-Grt cutting through gabbro in tensile fracture of serpentinized peridotite; (i) Prh-Grt rodingite in tensile fracture of serpentinized peridotite. Photos a, c, f, h from field outcrops; pictures b, i from BSE images; photos d, e, g were taken under cross-polarized light.
- Figure S3 - Photographs showing the development of two-stage serpentinization and rodingitization. (a-c) Deformed Grt-Ves rodingite of group I and host serpentinite. (d-f) Undeformed Prh rodingite of group II and host serpentinite; photomicrographs a, c and d, f under cross-polarized light.
- Figure S4 - Photographs showing Grt amphibolite occurring together with group I rodingite. (a) outcrop of Grt amphibolite and group I rodingite within serpentinite complex; (b) texture of Grt amphibolite; (c) texture of group I Grt rodingite; (d) texture of serpentinite; photos b-d under cross-polarized light.